Samstag, 27. September 2014

London Calling

Hi my dears,

as promised, some impressions from my trip to London last week! If you follow my tumblr (btw, who else is on Tumblr?) might have seen some of them already (^.^)

Friday, day 1:
I arrived at 7.30 in London and took the train to Victoria Station, where I met the lovely Jennifer, whom I shared a hotel room with. We went sightseeing, to the V&A museum and in the evening, we went to see the musical Wicked with the Austrian Lolitas who joined us in the evening.

Arrival at Victoria Station

In front of Big Ben!



Scones and iced tea


At the Victoria & Albert Museum, there was an exhibiton called "Wedding Dresses 1775-2014", which I absolutely wanted to see, since I have a weakness for wedding dresses (^.^). Besides astonishing gowns from the 18th and 19th century they also showed modern pieces, for example the wedding dresses of Dita von Teese, Gwen Stefani or Duchess Camilla. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take pictures (>.<)


The musical stage. It was really awesome! (^.^)

Saturday, day 2:
On saturday was the big Tea Party Club Anniversary event at Gray's Inn, a beautiful and very suitable location. There I had a stand where I sold my creations from Medusa Couture. I didn't get to see anything from the rest of the programme that day, like the fashion show (Metamorphose and Grimoire showed their newest pieces) etc, but I still had a lovely time chatting with the other Lolitas and sellers.

I was a bit early so I took this photo before everyone arrived (*:*)
My stand

Outfit

me again xD

Sunday, day 3:
I was super tired on saturday evening so I went to bed quite early, because on sunday would be the tea party and after party! In the morning, we went (after breakfast lol) to Peggy Porschens shop to eat some extremely delicoius cupcakes!



Ohmnomnomnom
The tea party was at a place called The Rag. We had to wait first in this lovely saloon before we could go to the actual hall where the tea party would be.


Our table! (^.^)

The food was absolutely amazing!

Pretty shop window

A bit more casual outfit for the afterparty

Monday, day 4:
Sadly, my companions had to leave earlier, but I had almost the whole day left. In the morning, I went to the Warner Bro's Studio tour, which was so awesome I can't even find words to describe it! I even completely forgot to take pictures because I was so overwhelmed... if you like Harry Potter, you should definitively see it if you have the chance!
In the afternoon I still had a little time left so I paid 221B Baker Street a visit and went to see the Sherlock Holmes museum, although only from the outside, because I had to return to the airport.

First goosebumps moment of many to follow. Little insider tipp: if you do the tour, go where the wands are shown and ask the staff to tell you why they all look different, it's extremely fascinating!

Best adress ever



that's actually a teapot! want!

As you can see, I didn't take super elaborate outfits with me. I wish I could have, London is after all a fashion metropole, but my bag was mainly filled with stuff for my stand on saturday. However, since I sold some pieces (yay! ^^), I could also shop a tiny little bit myself (*.*)

Halloween stuff from Claire's (it's so expensive in Switzerland so I prefer going to Claire's when I'm aborad),
The complete Sherlock Holmes edition (so pretty!),
A hat from H&M (which I wore on 3 of 4 days xD),
Hogwarts stuff (I think I might look a little geeky now *cough*)
and presents and postcards

If you made it through here, congratulations! Please have some tea and biscuits as a reward! (^.^)



2 Kommentare:

  1. I love Wicked! And also I must pay a visit to this cupcake shop, that looks fun

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Félicitations pour Medusa Couture qui se fait connaître de plus en plus ! Quel beau voyage tu as fait ! Les cupcakes ont l'air délicieux et je suis fan de la vitrine avec les ombrelles/parapluies *___*

    AntwortenLöschen