Dienstag, 27. November 2012

Der Prinzessin Neue Kleider

Hi cuties!

The second thing I sewed is a new jsk:


When I saw the fabric I fell in love, and I always wanted to make a dress that is inspired by traditional western european costumes. The dirndl is probably the most known, but also in Switzerland, almost every municipality has its own local costume. The variety is immense, but the dresses are very conservative and they underlie strict rules, how and when to wear it, what fabric has to be used et cetera.
Nevertheless, they are a great inspiration.


It is the first time I lined a dress completely. Not because it is overly difficult, I just never had the motivation (^.-). But I must confess, it looks a lot more... what's the word? Serious?


In order to stick with the rustic design, I chose these corsage hooks for the lacing.


It took me ages to find decent lace in a nice chocolat brown! But I'm very happy with this one.




12 Kommentare:

  1. Wow, it looks wonderfull ♥ I love the design and fabric!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. It´s very beautiful <3


    http://iellwen.blogspot.com.es/

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. It is really pretty! I wish I could sew like that!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much! Sewing is easy to learn, it just needs a lot of practice ;)

      Löschen
  4. Wow, it's fabulous. I love the brown floral fabric you chose and the lace is very nice. The lacing with the hook things are a nice touch. I'm so jealous! Congratulations on the full lining!

    --
    http://ladylavendersexpressions.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. This came out really beautiful, I love it.
    Do you mean you were inspired by traditional clothing in general or did you have a special one in mind? I don't know all swiss styles, but it's not Bernese. ;-)
    And the more serious sewing is something I would like to learn as well. Often I am even too lazy to serge the edges, really horrible and I course my lazyness everytime I'm finished with a garment.
    Oh, and I love the hooks, they are too cute. Those details just add the last bit to a perfect outfit, the cherry on the cake.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Aww, thank you! I was actually inspired by the traditional clothing in general, with the fabric and the corset-y details. I'd love to add an apron, though ^^

      Löschen