Freitag, 25. November 2011

Rose Corsage

Hello cuties,
last week I made the rose corsage I planned to wear to the Lolita meet-up which took place last sunday. However, I couldn't attend the meet-up, but since I had fun taking some pictures while crafting, I thought I'd share some of the work-in-progress pictures with you (^.^)

The materials I needed: fabric flowers, fake hair, pearls, nylon thread, cotton thread, the metal part of an old barette, glue and scissors.


First, I cut off the petals and leaves.



Then, I arranged the flowers the way I thought would look nice, added some leaves and sewed everything with thread and needle toghether, so it would stay in place.


Next, I took small strands of the fake hair and braided each of them. I made four of those braids and secured the ends with thread and glue.

While the glue was drying, I threaded some pearls to the nylon thread. It is important to secure the ends tightly, so the pearls won't get lost.

In the end, I added the barette, the pearls and the braids. Of the latter, I only fixed one end, so I could clip the other end with a bobby pin into the wig respectively into my own hair.

I hope I can wear it another time, maybe for the next meet-up? We'll see...

3 Kommentare:

  1. Aww, this is beautiful! I especially like the different coloured pearls, usually you only see the standard white ones *___*

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. das sieht echt hübsch aus

    AntwortenLöschen